- Christopher K. Chapple (Chair)
- Ramdas Lamb (Director of Programs)
- Purushottama Bilimoria, (Interdharma Philosophy & Dharma Studies Journal Rep.)
- Graham M. Schweig (Devotion & Dharma, Chair Emeritus)
- Rita Sherma (Board Chair & VP)
- Kusumita P. Pedersen (Board Rep.)
- Jonathan Edelmann (Theology & Board-SC Liaison Rep. with AAR Units)
- Karma Lekshe Tsomo (Buddhist Praxis)
- David Lawrence (Member at Large & Dharma Studies Journal Book Review Editor)
- Yudit Greenberg (Dharma & Interreligious Dialogue)
- James Madaio (Constructive Theology-Vedanta)
- Tanya Storch (Buddhist Dharma)
- Michael Reading (Graduate Student Rep.)
- Rita D. Sherma, Ph.D., Chair, (DANAM Vice President; The Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley, CA)
- Christopher K. Chapple, Ph.D. (Loyola Marymount University, CA)
- Jeffery D. Long, Ph.D. (Elizabethtown College, PA)
- Kusumita P. Pedersen, Ph.D. (St. Francis College, NYC)
- Anantanand Rambachan, Ph.D. (St. Olaf College, MN)
- Ravi Gupta, Ph.D. (Utah State University)
- Ramdas Lamb, Ph.D. (University of Hawai'i, Manoa)
- Graham M. Schweig, Ph.D. (Christopher Newport University, VA)
- Karma Lekshe Tsomo, Ph.D. (University of San Diego, CA)
- Adarsh Deepak, Ph.D., President & DANAM Conference Co-Chair
- Rajinder Gandhi, M.D., Chairman
- NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION
Dharma Academy of North America, also referred by its acronym DANAM, is organized exclusively for cultural, educational, religious, or scientific purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c ) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Members shall be those persons nominated by a Trustee, elected to membership by a unanimous vote of those Trustees present at any meeting of the Board of Trustees, and who qualify by acknowledging, in writing to the Secretary, their support of the mission and objectives of DANAM, and their acceptance of the such membership, and whose payment of applicable membership dues, unless waived, is in good standing. A member may resign by giving written notice to the Secretary. The members shall elect Trustees at the Annual Meeting of the members to be held in January or February of each year. The presence of majority of the members shall constitute a quorum.
The Board of Trustees shall consist of not less than three (3) Trustees. The term of office of Trustees shall be for one to three years, with options to continue for further terms; Trustees shall be elected at the Annual Meeting by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the members present in person, to serve until their successors are elected and are qualified by acknowledging in writing to the Secretary their acceptance such position. A Trustee may resign by giving written notice to the Secretary. Any vacancies occurring in the Board of Trustees shall be filled by an affirmative vote of the majority of the remaining Trustees, though less than a quorum of the Board of Trustees, to serve the remainder of the term of that position. The Trustees shall elect a Chair of the Board of Trustees.The Board of Trustees shall hold an Annual Meeting immediately following the Annual Meeting of the members and such other meetings as the President or Chairman may deem necessary. A majority of the number of Trustees shall constitute a quorum. The Trustees shall not receive any compensation for their services; but shall be entitled to receive compensation for their travel and reasonable living expenses while attending meetings of the Board of Trustees or other meetings on behalf of DANAM, with approval by the Board.
The officers of the DANAM shall be a President, a Secretary and a Treasurer; the offices of President and Treasurer can be held by one and the same person. Officers shall he elected by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the Trustees present in person at the Annual Meeting of the Board of Trustees. The term of office shall be one year or until removed by the Board of Trustees. No officer shall be compensated for his/her services, however, they will be entitled to reimbursement for travel on behalf of DANAM. President: The President shall be a Trustee of DANAM. The President, as agent of the Board of Trustees, shall conduct the day-to-day affairs and business of the DANAM. Secretary: The Secretary shall keep the minutes and other records of the Board of Trustees meetings and shall maintain a list of all members of the Corporation. Treasurer: The Treasurer shall maintain the financial records of the Corporation.. The Treasurer shall submit a complete written financial report to the Annual Meeting of the membership.CURRENT ORGANIZATION :
- DANAM has IRS tax-exempt status [IRS Code 501(c )(3)].